Managing Contracts: Focus on the Invoice is a full-day intermediate training course that will provide detailed information on the role the RPM plays in review, approval, and payment of invoices. By taking the course, RPMs will be better able to meet their responsibilities regarding contractor invoices. The course will cover the following:
- Overview of the role of the invoice in Agency accounting and cost control
- Review of the roles and responsibilities of the CO, PO, RPM, and Research Triangle Park (RTP) for general contracting activities and, specifically, for invoice review, approval or disapproval, and payment or disallowance of payment
- Detailed description of the role and responsibilities of the RPM with regard to invoice review
- Identifying specific EPA guidance to assist the RPM in carrying out delegated responsibilities
- Detailed breakdown and description of each element of the invoice and each cost component in the invoice, from the high level roll-ups and summaries to the detailed breakdowns
- Tips and pointers on how to review an invoice and how to resolve potential discrepancies identified during the review
- An exercise that allows participants to practice reviewing an invoice and identify potential discrepancies
- Facilitated discussion on the challenges RPMs face when they review invoices
The instructional methodology for this course includes lecture, a group exercise, and facilitated discussion. The target audience for this course is RPMs with at least 2 to 3 years of experience in managing work assignments and task orders.
Registration for this training is open to U.S. EPA employees ONLY. Important Notice: Due to the content presented during a CEC course and the restrictions in place for non-citizens to enter federal buildings, international attendees are not permitted to attend CEC courses.
For general information contact Jodi McCarty (ICF)
by telephone at 703-251-0347
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Upcoming Events
No upcoming events.
Previous Events (click to view/hide)